Sunday, February 6, 2011

Post #1

  I have been persuaded (perhaps wrongly) that it would be a good idea if I had a blog, even for extremely random/sporadic postings. We'll see what happens: I have never been a good journal-keeper. I had a pseudo-blog going at the website for my book, http://emdbolker.wikidot.com/blog for a while, but that had a few annoying formatting issues and was hard for anyone to find.

I wanted to call this "commonplace", after commonplace books, which I have always thought were a neat idea. commonplace.blogspot.com was already taken; ominously, I see that the owner of that blog posted once in October 2000 and never again (!)

Things I hope to post here: thoughts about ecology/evolution/epidemiology, statistics, R (don't know how well the Google blog format will handle technical things like code fragments ...), and (for fun) about words, or folk music and dance, or other stuff that I spend my time thinking about.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment